top of page
Black Butte Ranch - Glaze Meadow GC - Sisters, Oregon
The new Glaze Meadow course at this vacation and golf destination in central Oregon underwent a complete renovation in 2010 and 2011. Once measuring a mere 6,574 yards from the championship tees, the renovated course has been lengthened to just over 7,000 yards.
Grand Canyon University GC - Phoenix, Arizona
The original golf course, which was named Maryvale GC, was part of the city of Phoenix municipal golf trail. However, the golf course had become tired and had lost much of its play. Grand Canyon University, in partnership with Phoenix Parks, agreed to take over the facilities and rebuild the golf course and old clubhouse. The entire course was completely renovated with bold sand face bunkers in a style consistent with the works of A.W. Tillinghast. The new course is thriving and is considered one of the best public courses in the state of Arizona.
Dallas Country Club - Dallas, Texas
This historic club, founded in 1896, and originally designed by Tom Bendelow had seen a number of different architects leave their mark on the course including A.W. Tillinghast. Following completion of a six month renovation, the course has once again been restored to a more classical design motif reminiscent of courses from the "Golden Age" era of design.
Wayzata Country Club - Wayzata, Minnesota
John Fought Design was hired to renovate the Wayzata course that opened in 1957. In addition, members wanted to expand their practice area to include six short practice holes and a double-sided driving range. The improvements have created a classic look that re-establishes the club as one of the best in the state.
Carmel Country Club, North - Charlotte, North Carolina
The goal for the new north course at Carmel Country Club was to create a classic motif reminiscent of the venerable Donald Ross. The new greens and bunkers are very reflective of this talented golden-age architect's classic works. To employ this design style, we re-worked the routing so the greens and tees were close together. Approximately one-half of the existing tree cover was removed and a completely new strategy was created.
The Country Club of Jackson - Jackson, Mississippi
After enduring several renovation projects over the years, the members decided to reconstruct 18 of its 27 holes in a much more classic motif, with an improved infrastructure. The John Fought Design renovation of the Dogwood and Azalea nine-hole courses, plus enhanced practice facility, has helped allow the club to regain its stature in the state.
Rosedale Golf Club - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At least five different architects markedly altered this original Donald Ross design from the 1920s to reflect a more modern style. John Fought Design was enlisted to re-establish the Ross features. The new bunkering, tee boxes, and several new greens complexes have re-invigorated the 6,525 yard, par 71 course, which is located near the heart of Toronto.
The Farms at Rancho Santa Fe - Rancho Santa Fe, California
Dramatic elevation changes throughout this redesigned course call for brilliant strategy and aesthetic prowess. Water hazards come into play on a number of holes, while the medium-sized greens are fast and extremely well manicured and the fairways are narrow. The signature hole at the Farms is No. 3, a 530-yard par 5.
Ironwood Country Club - Palm Desert, California
At the heart of the Coachella Valley, the 36-hole facility at Ironwood Country Club has undergone several improvement projects over the past 10 years. Several holes required major re-design by John Fought Design as new development has encroached on the golf holes.
Wilmington Municipal Golf Course - Wilmington, North Carolina
This classic course was originally designed by the great Donald Ross. It was one of the few municipal courses he designed. However, very little work had been completed on the golf course since its opening in 1926. With a small appropriation from the city, we completely rebuilt the greens and bunkers. Several tee complexes were also renovated during the process. This is now a wonderful publicly owned course in the heart of Wilmington, North Carolina.
bottom of page